March 15th, 2020
Group Exercise Classes Suspended
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, our operational procedures change with it. With that said, all of our Group Exercise classes will be SUSPENDED until further notice. This will go into effective beginning Monday, March 16th. All of our other facility restrictions (see below) will continue to be in effect. We thank you for all your cooperation! Stay tuned for more updates.
March 13th, 2020
The health and well-being of Cambridge YMCA members, participants, and staff is our highest priority. During this unprecedented time as COVID-19 spreads in Massachusetts, we are committed to maintaining a healthy environment and supporting the health and wellness of our community. Our leadership staff are adjusting our practices and making decisions based on the information available. As information changes, so may our practices and decisions.
Effective immediately, Our Y will be taking the following precautions to reduce the number of people accessing our facility, and to limit larger group gatherings.
- Limited facility access. No Guest, Week, or 10-Class Passes will be sold. We will honor passes already purchased.
- The Reciprocity (Nationwide Membership) Program is suspended. Visitors from other Ys will be denied access to our facility. Other local Ys are instituting similar restrictions, so please check with Ys before you plan to visit
- Limited group exercise attendance. Group ex. classes will be limited to 10 participants (except classes held in the large gym)
- The use of the basketball court for basketball open gym, league play, etc. will be temporarily suspended
- Swim lessons are suspended (group and private)
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to your normal workout routines.
We continue to closely monitor this developing situation as the response from local and state public health officials progresses. These are fluid and difficult decisions that may change rapidly, so please check our website regularly. For other important updates and FAQs visit Cambridge Public Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.