Lap & Recreational Swim
LAP SWIM consists of moving up and down the lane while horizontal in the water. Training devices used may include hand paddles, kick boards, and pull buoys. A majority of the swimming is continuous. Up to 3 people may share a lane. Please check with other swimmers when entering a lane.
REC SWIM consists of moving up and down the lane in a vertical or head-up position or remaining stationary. Training devices used may include noodles, kickboards, float belts, barbells, or weights. This is the time when activities such as water aerobics, water jogging, or any stationary exercise should be practiced. If more than one person is present at a rec swim, there should not be swimmers attempting laps.
Swim Tests are offered. Please contact Dana Frost for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Showers must be taken prior to entering pool.
- Bathing suits are required. No cut-offs or street clothes are allowed in pool. Workout attire is not permitted.
- Do not swim without a lifeguard on duty.
- No running on pool deck.
- No diving, back jumps, tandem jumps, back dives, or flips of any kind. Jumping is at lifeguard’s discretion.
- To enter deep water outside of scheduled lessons, all swimmers must competently swim at minimum of 40 yards unassisted.
- Swim caps must be worn at all times in the pool. Please pull back hair shoulder length or longer.
- No band-aids or bandages may be worn in the pool.
- Profanity or ill-tempered behavior towards Y members or staff will NOT be tolerated.
- No glass containers or food in Pool area.
- No shoes on deck.
- The pool is closed to Lap Swimming and Recreational Swimming during scheduled swimming lessons.
- Children 6 or under must be accompanied by an adult in the water, and children under 13 must be accompanied in the facility by an adult.
- No diapers may be worn in the pool unless they are especially for the water.